Eyes Right. Epoxy flooring for commercial & industrial spaces – a versatile and tough flooring surface that will stand the test of time. We cover all bases and have the experience to help you find the right solution.
Epoxy flooring may not be something that you’ve heard of before but in its simplest definition, it is a flooring surface that is made up of multiple layers of epoxy that is applied to the floor to a depth of at least two millimetres. The difference between an epoxy floor and an epoxy floor coating lies in the depth of the epoxy. As stated, an epoxy floor must be at least two millimetres thick. Any epoxy floor that is less than two millimetres thick is best referred to as an epoxy floor coating.
You might also be wondering what exactly epoxy is. Epoxy in this case refers to a system that is made up of two main components, resins and hardeners. The resin and hardener is mixed together where they chemically react to form a rigid plastic material that is strong, resistant to degradation and that bonds extremely well to its substrate. Epoxy floors are so strong that they can be used in even the most demanding of industrial environments.
- Epoxy flooring & coatings offer excellent chemical resistance whilst protecting your floor. Ideal for all applications, industrial, commercial, retail or residential.
- Polyurethane flooring, ideal for commercial kitchens & bakeries. Offering excellent chemical and thermal shock resistance.
- Epoxy coving to comply with the AS4674
- Epoxy Screed with falls to floor waste points
What areas is Epoxy Flooring suitable for?
Epoxy floor finishes have a smooth and seamless surface making it an ideal flooring system in high traffic, entertainment and work areas.
Epoxy flooring can be used on garages, living rooms, domestic & commercial kitchens, rumpus rooms, alfresco areas, playrooms, laundries, restaurants, shopping centres, workshops, gym and offices.
Domestic and commercial garage and kitchen floors benefit from the water, chemical and oil resistant properties of epoxy flooring, while the seamless surface is hygienic and easy to maintain.
Can you customise Epoxy Floors?
To add a personal touch to your Epoxy flooring, colour tints, multi- colour flakes, and glitter can be added to create a customised floor to suit any décor. Epoxy flooring is easy to update, all you need to do is overcoat the existing floor to match your changing tastes, fashion or décor. The epoxy flooring is available in various systems.
As a top coat, a polyurethane sealer is used.
It is important to use high quality material and a trusted brand in epoxy flooring, that is why we choose EpiMax products which give the best results
Types of Epoxy Flooring
There are several different types of epoxy flooring that you can choose from. These include:
- Self dispersing epoxy floors – this is a very strong floor and thus is used in areas of high traffic and heavy use.
- Self dispersing epoxy floors with quartz sand – same as a self dispersing epoxy floor but with excellent anti slip properties.
- Self levelling epoxy floors – these floors are easy to clean and look after and they are very popular for use in kitchens, dining rooms, and so on.
- Mortar epoxy floors – this is the strongest of all epoxy floors available. They are also good for repairing cracks before laying another type of epoxy floor.
- Gravelled epoxy floors – this the most decorative of all epoxy floors but it is also the most complicated floor to lay. These floors have good anti slip qualities.
- Epoxy terrazzo floors – these are also very decorative epoxy floors and they are mainly used in large spaces.
- Epoxy antistatic floors – these are used in sensitive areas where there should be no static present in the environment at all.
- Epoxy flaked floors – these floors are epoxy based but they actually have coloured chips or flakes laid within the floors for decoration. The flakes also provide a slightly rough surface that provides good anti slip qualities. The flakes come in different colours and can be mixed in the combination of your choice.
It is important to use high quality material and a trusted brand in epoxy flooring, that is why we choose EpiMax products which give the best results.
Epoxy flooring colours
- Low Maintenance
- Water Resistant
- Oil Resistant
- Hight Gloss
If you know what floor you want?
Then call us for a chat about how we can do, what we do best.
(02) 9188 7847
8am – 6pm
Mon – Sat