Polished concrete floors are the latest trend when it comes to choosing a flooring solution. We have seen the popularity of concrete floors rise through media shows such as ‘The Block’ on the nine network. Unlike other flooring solutions, polished concrete doesn’t require yearly maintenance to sustain its appearance. However, all flooring systems require some sort of maintenance to prolong the lifespan and the appearance.
Even though polished concrete requires the least amount of maintenance compared to the other flooring solution, it is still important to understand the correct techniques to look after it.
Here are our top 5 tips to maintaining the polished concrete floor.
- Do not use citrus based cleaning agents as they are not pH neutral.
- Use a microfiber cloth or pad to remove any dust from the concrete floor.
- When using a wet mop, always ensure that the mop and water are clean. For commercial properties, it is fine to use automated cleaning machines.
- Never let the cleaning agent dry on the concrete, this increases efforts to clean your concrete floor.
- Wipe away any stains or spills as soon as you can so it does not have time to absorb into the concrete surface.
Visit our polished concrete page for more information.